The Theodore S. Schlundt Memorial Archives
About the United Church of Christ
The Archives (located in the Parish Hall) is a vast collection of materials, much of it contributed by members and friends, pertaining to St. John's history since it's founding in 1843.
The Theodore S. Schlundt Memorial Archives was established by Anita Boss Weisert in 1973. She was the Archivist from 1973 until her death in 1991. LaVern S. Rupp assumed the position of Archivist at that time, continuing until her passing in 2014.
Included are these items:
Copies of our newsletter "The Messenger" from 1896
Church board minutes since the 1930's
Confirmations, Class photographs, and Bulletins dating from the early 1900's
Photographs and files of ministers since 1848
Photographs of Organists and various choirs
Information of musical programs
A rare 1932 friendship quilt
Service flags from World War II listing St. John's men
A collection of photos and files pertaining to all aspects of church history
The following Genealogical records are on micro-film:
Original Record Book Baptisms: 1865-1892 Marriages: 1869-1907 Confirmations: 1876-1975 Deaths: 1867-1949
Genealogical records may be viewed at:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
The Filson Historical Society
The University of Louisville Library (1865-1949)
You may also visit:
Scroll down to "Church Records/Evangelical"
Please check back! More photos from the Archives are being added!